Saturday, November 05, 2011

Worst Technology CEO Ever

Ever since he took over the reins at Apple, I had always considered Gil Amelio as the "worst technology CEO ever".  So I was not entirely surprised that Steve Job's had almost exactly the same opinion of him.  In his biography by Mr. Isaacson we find this: "I said this guy is the worst CEO I've ever seen, I think if you needed a license to be a CEO he wouldn't get one."

And yes, Amelio is on a league by himself and even when competing with Carly Fiorina and Leo Apotheker he seems to come way up "in front".

Sure, outside of the technology industry probably nobody can "top" Rich Wagoner as the "worst CEO in the history of capitalism."  He probably destroyed more wealth than any other businessperson ever.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home